Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am Super Mom

OK, that might be too strong a term - Super Mom - but I am awful proud of myself. This past Thursday, I braved taking both kids to the eye doctor! By myself. No Daddy, no Grandma, just me. It was so much easier than I had imagined!! The kids were perfect and they were quite hilarious! We went to Wolfe Eye Clinic to see Dr. Suh, who is an awesome eye doctor for kids, if you ever need one. It was time for Jackson to see him again and time for Jessica to see him for the first time. They went through the first part of the exam great. Read pictures on a wall for Jess and read letters on the wall for Jackson. Then came the eye drops. I don't think either one really enjoyed the eye drops but they put up with them and heck, they feel a lot better than a shot. After the drops, we went back to the kids' waiting room filled with toys to wait for the drops to take effect. It did not take too long - Jackson exclaims "I can't see anything!!" And Jessica is stumbling around like Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas. Their pupils were so large that they both would have fit in quite nicely at a Dead show back in the 60s! They called us in to see Dr. Suh after about 20 minutes. He is so sweet and so nice! Both kids were champs. Jackson went first. Then Jessica, who climbed right up into the chair and put her chin on the device. Did not need to sit on my lap or anything. It was a breeze! Both eyes checked out well, Jessica especially , who does not need to go back and is good with school exams unless we have concerns. Maybe we have a girl who might not need glasses her whole life like her mom did. She would be so lucky! Jackson, on the other hand, has to go back to Dr. Suh in one year because "He has some more issues than Jessica." Personally, I think Jackson would be adorable in a little pair of wire rimmed Harry Potter glasses. We'll see - we have a year! All in all, I wish the dentist and the pediatrician was as easy as the eye doctor. Also, because of the eye drops, they got these hilarious sunglasses to wear home. BONUS!

No comments: