Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Royal Tea Set

Jessica and Jackson love Christmastime for a multitude of reasons and one of their favorite things is looking at toy catalogs. For the longest time, Jessica has been pointing to a real china tea set and saying she wants that for Christmas. Well, her Cousin Vicki in Washington got her one a longtime ago when Jessica was very new and I have had it stashed away until she was responsible enough. Is two and a half too little for real china? Well, we were going to find out. I gave it to her and explained how Cousin Vicki had given her this beautiful princess royal tea set when she was just a baby and how I had been saving it for her. I instructed Princess Jess and Prince Jackson to be very careful with it. It is packaged in a pink castle so when I handed it too Jessica, you would have though she just won the Super Bowl! "Oh I love it! I love it!" And she proceeded to do her happy dance. Which is hilarious. She and Jackson now have daily tea and she even knows exactly how to put each piece back in it's home in the pink castle box. (Sometimes Jackson has to help her with the silverware.) So, in closing, with the right Princess, two and a half is most definitely NOT too young for a real china royal tea set. In fact, it might just be the perfect age.

No comments: