Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun!

I try to make sure that Jackson and Jessica realize that there is a holiday between Halloween and Christmas, which is hard as the stores do not cooperate on this one. Lucky for me, they both think it is crazy that stores have Christmas up and we have not had our Thanksgiving turkey yet. They always point it out and groan. In fact, my old boss, Joe, asked them last weekend what the next holiday was and they both answered Thanksgiving. He said he has asked lots of kids this question and they all said Christmas. Kudos kids! We have tried to do lots of fun Thanksgiving things around here all month. We have colored Thanksgiving coloring pages that I printed from the Internet - good-bye printer ink. We also made some really cool Thanksgiving candles, fake of course. I even sent out a few Thanksgiving pictures. One day this week, I made a special fall lunch - leaf shaped bologna and pumpkin shaped cheese - both things cut out with mini cookie cutters. Let me tell you, if you want your kids to devour something, make them into cool shapes. They LOVED it!! Today, since Chris is home (yay!), I actually had time to make Marshmallow Pilgrim Hats (which actually look harder than they are). I can not wait for tomorrow when I get to serve them. I think we might have to taste test them tonight. And we have even talked about what they are thankful for. Jackson is thankful for: "My Chunky and my Star Wars figures". Jessica is thankful for: "You (me, mommy as I asked the question) and Dada and my cute Chunky and your computer and Jackson". We are all looking forward to tomorrow and after that, The Colwell Christmas Train is leaving the station at high speed!! Woo woo!!

No comments: